I’ve come to the point where I receive another Mac and I need to install everything that I need. Last time I was doing it, I forgot about most of them so I decided to make a list of what I need. This is a good time to do it because I still have my old Mac & within the next few weeks I will need to install & configure everything. I’m making this post public so maybe someone will find it helpful. This is kind of a logbook as I am going to change my computer in near future. I divided programs into 3 groups: Coding (mostly about Mobile development), Productivity & Personal Mac. I think there is no need to explain each group. Let’s go!
As you may know, I am .NET developer. On a daily basis I need the following to get my job done:
- Visual Studio for Mac with StyleCop, DeepClean, mFractor, LiveXAML & custom code snippets,
- Android Studio — this is not a must. Based on a project specification, I decide if I need it or not,
- brew with sonarqube, sonar-scanner& git-extras
To help me with productivity, I use several other things.
- Nozbe – to keeps me organized,
- Thunderbird – to take care of my emails,
- Spotify – just to chill me out.
- Grammarly for Chrome — just so Chrome can be nicer,
- Todoist – to keeps me organized,
- LastPass – to keep my passwords safe,
- Momentum — just so Chrome can be nicer.
If I am going to change my personal computer I will need to install other programs that:
- Microsoft Office,
- LICEcap — to record gifs,
- FileZilla — to access ftp’s,
- Suuntolink — to connect with my HR monitor.